Spring 2014 Farm to School Update
Spring 2014 Spinach Aggregation
- Received over 80 pounds of naturally grown spinach from local farmers
- Recorded weight, plot and temperature of spinach received from farmers to maintain food safety
- Labeled each package of spinach with weight and plot to further protect food safety
- Triple washed and aggregated spinach into ½ pound bags at the Career Academy industrial kitchen for delivery to Clarke County Schools
- Spinach was picked up a 3:00 AM from West Broad Market Garden to be distributed to Clarke County Schools!