VISTA Youth Programs Assistant
The VISTA will develop systems to improve program operations, coordination, and collaboration among staff and report to Program Director on program status, needs, and problems; develop an inventory control system of materials and tools required for programs; prepare materials/make presentations for youth development curriculum and training events. Assist in developing a system of organizing request from community members involved with youth development programs (such as Youth Urban Builder home repair requests). The VISTA will also assist in planning and organizing recognition events and awards ceremonies. Assist with correspondence about community members who are interested being involved in the programs.
The Youth Programs Assistant will work with ALT’s Program Managers to complete the following tasks:
- Design and draft curriculum related to construction education, sustainable agriculture, nutrition and small business development
- Assist program managers with recruitment and outreach
- Maintain and update housing repair requests
- Update and create program manuals for ALT youth programs
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills including meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in record keeping, problem solving and follow through
- Interest and experience in youth development
- The ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently including being able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Flexibility to be both a team player and a self-starter, comfortable in a supporting role and in working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
Submit your cover letter and resume to our VISTA Site Manager, Kelsey Thompson at email@example.com!
Please note: This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position. Please view the posting through the AmeriCorps site at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=75161&fromSearch=true