AmeriCorps VISTA Outreach Assistant
Core responsibilities: The Outreach Assistant will work with ALT’s Outreach and Development Coordinator who is responsible for both electronic hard-copy marketing and communications by Athens Land Trust (ALT). The Outreach Assistant will also support the West Broad Farmers Market Manager. This position will include designing and drafting hard-copy and electronic materials for publication and distribution (such as event announcements, press releases, fundraising campaign appeals, and informational fliers); designing and drafting monthly electronic newsletters and assisting with the maintenance of the ALT email database; assisting with updates of the ALT website and Facebook pages as needed; helping to plan events such as cooking demos and children’s activities for our famers market as well as securing sponsorships for the farmers market and ALT special events; attending weekly ALT staff meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and MailChimp. HTML/CSS coding a plus.
- Public relations, marketing, and/or communications experience
- Experience working with low-income and/or vulnerable populations
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills including meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in record keeping, problem solving and follow through
- Creativity and experience with graphic design
- The ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently including being able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Flexibility to be both a team player and a self-starter, comfortable in a supporting role and in working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
About Americorps VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens age 18 and older. Members receive a modest living allowance. Members who serve for a year also receive limited health benefit options, childcare, if needed, and other benefits. After successful completion of a term of service, members can choose to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend.
This is a one-year AmeriCorps VISTA position running from November 2015-November 2016. Interested candidates may contact ALT Outreach and Development Coordinator Lisa Lewis.