Homebuyer Education Workshop – September 3, 10, 17 & 24 from 6-8 pm*
* Note: Attendance is required at ALL FOUR sessions in order to earn a Homebuyer Education Certificate, which is necessary for many affordable housing and loan programs.
Other classes this year:
October 24 & 31 from 12:30-4:30 p.m. Attendance is required at BOTH sessions in order to earn a Homebuyer Education Certificate, which is necessary for many affordable housing and loan programs.
A $10 refundable deposit is required in order to preregister. This deposit will be refunded once you attend the classes. Deposits can be delivered to our office or mailed to:
Our homebuyer education seminars are offered FREE of charge, thanks in part to financial assistance from Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Oconee State Bank and Athens First Bank and Trust DBA Synovus. Guest speakers include a first time homebuyer who completed this workshop, local realtors, bankers, and closing attorneys.
- Steps to homeownership
- Home finances and financing
- Local real estate market
- Affordable housing options
- Closing the mortgage loan
- Energy conservation
- Maintaining your home
- Financial literacy
- Credit issues/credit report
For More Information
Please contact Mary O’Toole, firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 613-0122