AmeriCorps VISTA Positions:
For more information on the AmeriCorps VISTA program, visit: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
Volunteer Coordinator (VISTA Position):
Core responsibilities: The Volunteer Coordinator will establish a volunteer program at Athens Land Trust to utilize the volunteer resources in our community to increase the impact of our programs. Specific duties include:
- Work with Athens Land Trust (ALT) staff to establish volunteer opportunities within ALT’s programs of Affordable Housing and Community Agriculture
- Establish policies and procedures for ALT’s Volunteer Program.
- Recruit and train new volunteers; determine interests and skills; schedule work times.
- Track volunteer hours.
- Create and maintain database of volunteers’ contact information and interests.
- Motivate and thank volunteers.
- Prepare materials and make presentations as needed.
- Maintain inventory of needed tools in working condition.
- Supervise volunteers during projects.
- Assist ALT staff in utilizing volunteers.
- Develop and maintain resources and resource lists for volunteers and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including residents of low-income communities, partner agencies/organizations, and donors.
- Monitor and evaluate the program to ensure positive volunteer experiences for both ALT and individual volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people;
- Flexibility to be both a team player and a self-starter, comfortable in a supporting role and in working independently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with volunteers and with people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
To apply: Visit My Americorps, and search for listing ID: 57579
For More Information
Please contact the Athens Land Trust: